We run a number of different projects for local people.
BASE – after school clubs for 10-12s
CONNECT – after school clubs for 13-15s
FUSE is our Youth Work with 16-18s
Destinations Café is a drop in for people who want to end their experience of homelessness
Base & Connect
Base & Connect
BASE and CONNECT are weekly after school clubs for 10-15 year olds in our local community. The clubs currently run:
- Base & Connect East @ Bethany Centre – Mondays (Term Time) 4-5.30pm
- Connect South @ YMCA Crewe – Tuesdays (Term Time) 4-5.30pm
- Base South @ YMCA Crewe – Wednesdays (Term Time) 4-5.30pm
- Connect West @ West Street Christian Fellowship – Wednesdays (Term Time) 4.30-6.00pm (bus picks up at Underwood West School at 4.15 and drops back at 6.15
- Base West @ George’s Community Centre – Thursdays (Term Time) 3.30-5.30pm (bus picks up at Underwood West School at 3.15pm and drops back at 5.45pm
The clubs provide a series of activities around a teatime meal so that local young people making the transition from junior to high school have a base to create a new future. There are also facilities and resources for young people wanting to complete their homework.
We provide a Youth Club called FUSE every week focusing on 16-18 year olds who are not currently in work or training. The evening offers Table Tennis, Gym activities, Graffiti and Pool competitions. This is held at 189 Gresty Road on Wednesdays between 6.00 pm and 8.00 pm. Over the summer Fuse Pop Ups provide weekly outreach work where young people can interact with positive activities, grow their talents and increase their skill base.
Destinations is a weekly drop in for people who want to begin to end their experience of homelessness. People are offered a meal and use of washing and shower facilities. Staff provide support and advice towards a settled housing destination.